Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: October 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: uploaded new versions of teams and massive AI patches

To: Freeciv AI development <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: uploaded new versions of teams and massive AI patches
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 21:27:35 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > I am afraid so. It is near impossible now to split it up back into its
> > constituent patches. I've made so many interconnected changes.
>
> And splitting it again will clean the code up further. Trust me. It
> will also force you to docment each change in more detail.

Perhaps it will. However, it will also force me to rewrite large parts of
several of the patches from scratch.

That is _a lot_ of time and effort I would rather spend on pushing the
cleanup further.

Many of the changes being done now are temporary. There is absolutely no
reason to have a "do it perfectly" attitude to it. As Greg said, we have
to break it a little before we can improve it.