Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: October 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: uploaded new versions of teams and massive AI patches

To: Freeciv AI development <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: uploaded new versions of teams and massive AI patches
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 18:10:21 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> 1. What sort of warnings did you get in flying AI?Did you have more -Ws
> than usual?

I don't remember. I use -Wall -Werror -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wmissing-declarations.

> 2. There was a bug in path-finding for flying units, I fixed it in my
> version, I'll update it and post it.

Uh. Please do it as a patch to massiveai. That is, unless you are opposed
to my idea that we commit this thing as a whole soon.

> 3. If you are thinking about commiting massive AI as a whole, than it's
> better to do it before it reaches gargantuan proportions.I am sure there
> are zounds of bugs in it already :(

Yes. I am also sure.

> 4. Active AI diplomats patch was written by you, mine were only few
> comments.

You are very modest ;) I remember you rewrote the want calculations too.

> 5. valid_goto is a bad nameif the function returns bool (I am assuming it
> does): has_valid_goto or even better is_on_valid_goto (you can guess I am
> a secret fan of Hungarian notation).

has_valid_goto() it is, then.