Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: September 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: [Patch] AI can fly v3

To: Freeciv AI development <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: [Patch] AI can fly v3
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 22:47:16 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> This patch teaches AI how to use planes and when to build them.

A very quick reading for now:
 - adjust_ai_unit_choice is nice, but IMHO wrong. At least according to
   Pille, building barracks is a waste of shields, while ports can be
   worth it. Airports are nice too, since they also can teleport units,
   but check if we have the building capacity to churn out such a 160
   shield project in a reasonable timeframe.
 - create_unit_virtual, destroy_virtual_unit... make up your mind in which
   order you want it ;)
 - I must question the placement of military logic functions in aitools.c,
   this looks like a case for admilitary.c
 - no, actually I would like to see all ai/* air related functions put
   into an ai/aiair.c file or something

Hmmm... since we build Airports here anyway, maybe we should think about a
way for the AI to make use of them. To recap, airports can teleport units
to another airport, but the unit loses all movement and it can only be
used once per city. Perhaps this can be integrated into the goto code??
That would make it completely transparent to the rest of the code and it
would be utilized everywhere.

Yours
Per

"I don't see why people are so upset about cloning sheep. American
television networks have been doing that to their audiences for years."
-- Jello Biafra