Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2006:
[aclug-L] cvs questions

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] cvs questions
From: Olwe Bottorff <galanolwe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:55:43 -0800 (PST)

I'm a newbie to cvs and would like to use it at work
and at home to work on source code. I'm presently
doing some labs at WSU CS dept (Debian Sarge) and have
set up a cvsroot in my home there. Now I'd like to
work on the files at home (Fedora3). I don't think Tom
would want to fool with setting up a cvs server just
for me, so I'm thinking I've got to somehow checkout
stuff, then scp it to my home machine, work on it,
then scp it back and do commits. Also, it seems
logical to set up a duplicate module here. But this
seems to be a kudge... Am I missing something here?
ssh -X is an option, but not my first choice.

LB