Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2005:
[aclug-L] Re: Computer Vibration Noise

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Computer Vibration Noise
From: DAVID CARMICHAEL <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 07:10:36 -0800 (PST)

--- Nate Bargmann <n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> * David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx> [2005 Jan 29
> 07:41 -0600]:
> > Computer Vibration Noise:::
> >
> > What do you use to help reduce vibration noise on
> your PC??

> If it's not a fan or storage drive, what else could
> possibly be
> rotating/moving to cause the noise?  Things in a
> quiescent state don't
> cause noise--it takes vibration to do that.

Any moving parts cause some sort of vibrations and due
to the number of moving parts they can and many times
cause the case to vibrate..

The case seems to be causing the noise and I have
tried to 'tape' off the edges that match up and that
helped some but....

Would adding some sort of washer between the drives
and their cage help reduce the vibration?