Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2003:
[aclug-L] Re: There are still some monkeys in the CEO chair

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: There are still some monkeys in the CEO chair
From: jeffrey l koehn <caveman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 00:24:49 -0500

On Sunday 27 April 2003 12:22 am, you wrote:

> To say that Linux's advantage is that it's "not a clone" (sic),
> is to say that what gives Linux a strategic advantage, other
> options, like FreeBSD, don't have.  I think this is simply not
> true.
 I think GNU/Linux does have an advantage over
FreeBSD because FreeBSD does not have the
GNU General Public License.
And I believe it is alright to say that the GNU/Linux Kernel
is Unix-like but that it is not alright to say that the GNU/Linux
Kernel is a Unix clone.
 I sent out an email to GNU.org to find out if I am correct
by saying that GNU/Linux is not a clone of Unix but
that GNU/Linux is Unix-like.