Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2003:
[aclug-L] Re: There are still some monkeys in the CEO chair

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: There are still some monkeys in the CEO chair
From: jeffrey l koehn <caveman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 21:06:52 -0500

On Saturday 26 April 2003 09:12 pm, you wrote:
> M$ is running scared because their server maket has made a
> dramatic drop.  M$ will say anything to get people to not use
> linux.  I use to hear all the stories, that linux is a "beta OS"
> and when and if ever it gets out of beta testing that they might
> try it.  I also use to hear that linux might be a nice OS, but it
> needs to have some software that will run on it.  The OS is
> vunerable because hackers can get the code and find backdoors.  I
> realize that these people are stupid and need to take their
> blinders off.  Maybe their skull cap or ball cap is much too
> tight.  They can follow their nice narrow path, but I like linux.
>  I still have windoze 2000 and XP pro, but I still prefer linux.
> ~Anne

 The Linux 2.6 Kernel comes out sometime around June.
If you run the 2.5 development kernel you will find that it
is impressive. It is much faster than the 2.4 kernel.
So, if you put the 2.6 kernel on todays new hardware with
todays Linux apps you really have something that you
can enjoy and be productive with.
Most likely Microsoft knows this.  Also Microsoft has just come out
with a new OS which is not free and a patch which slows xp down.
When and if Microsoft sales drop for any length of time
and when it looks like there is no more growth in Microsoft sales,
you will see the bad feeling about Microsoft grow at a rapid rate.