Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2003:
[aclug-L] Re: Cable modems and Cox.net Feedback

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Cable modems and Cox.net Feedback
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:25:10 -0600

* Chris Owen <owenc@xxxxxxxxxx> [2003 Jan 31 16:47 -0600]:

> Actually I was rather amazed with Sprint when we went to install a phone
> line there related to our dialup service in Hesston.  They don't even
> answer the phone after 5pm.  No afterhours anything.

Disclaimer:  I have Sprint as my LD carrier, but use my cell for LD.

Your experience is very similar to the one the company I work for has
received.  Several years ago it was decided "on high" that we should get
rid of as many of our private microwave radio links as possible as well
as T1 leases in favor of dumping it to Sprint and then letting them fan
things out.  Many issues of incompetence on the part of Sprint and poor
interaction with SWBT and other telcos plus complete indifference when
there was a problem has forced a return back toward the olde way of
doing things.  Too bad I can't tell the PHB responsible "I told you so".

The telcos really don't get it.  SBC tells us all the time how great
they are and then take a good number of jobs out of state "for
efficiency", you see.  In this connected age what difference does it
make if the employees are in Topeka or Dallas?  Then SBC decides to gift
us with yet another patent, at just the right time, on hyperlinks and is
trying to figure out a way to shake us down for even more.

I know this is way off topic, but dammit, I'm tired of these imbecile
companies passing themselves off as some high-tech gift to world
enterprise.

"Alex, is there enough money in the world to buy a clue?"

'Intelligence is constant.  The population is growing.'

Sorry, it's been a long week...

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "We have awakened a
 Internet | n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               | sleeping giant and