Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: I have a dream

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: I have a dream
From: bruce <bbales@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 21:44:56 -0600

On Monday 02 December 2002 10:58 pm, you wrote:
> Anne McCadden wrote:
> > That would be good marketing idea.  Many of the schools are
> > looking for a long term solution, they need to be reassured
> > that people will still be around to help them when problems
> > happen.
>
> Are there people on this list who have any real insight into
> how or who to approach the Wichita BOE on open source
> adoption? This could either be going in through the front
> door or the back door.

Tom Hull,
The person in charge of computer purchasing for the Wichita
schools is Bill Brown whose office is in the administration
building at 200 N. Water.  Mary, at 973-4455, can reach him or
help you reach him.  Another who may be involved is Craig
Rasmussen, probably same location.  (No Craig Rasmussen in the
phone book, so I may have heard the name wrong.)

At the present time, they are trying to standardize all
machines to be the same and have a contract with Microsoft for
software.  They are trying to get rid of the Macs.
bruce