Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Xpde

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Xpde
From: Anne McCadden <ironrose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 09:08:32 -0600

Very good idea.  Whatever gets people hooked.  I know some people who
want to have a linux machine, just to get email and surf the web without
getting viruses.  Some like the screensavers, like sonar.  Others have
said that they want an OS and office suite without costing a forture.

The linux in spanish is going well, but he wants some modifications in
the hardware and is trying to figure out how he is going to connect to
the internet.  I told him that as far as I know his MSN won't work on
linux.  I am not sure as to what dialup will work on linux.  AOL won't
work.  Any ideas or suggestions?  ~Anne