Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: FOR SALE Toshiba PCX1100 cable modem

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: FOR SALE Toshiba PCX1100 cable modem
From: Benjamin Bunck <bbunck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:24:22 -0500 (CDT)

I had no problems with the service.  It was totally a cost issue.  When I
first subscribed to Roadrunner, service was $29.95 a month.  That's not
much more than a dial in, plus no additional phone line is necessary.
Under my current cable plan, this month's service was going to be $49.95
per month.  Of course, if you subscribe to a premium cable package, they
knock $10 off the price...but that requires paying around $38 for cable
TV.  Anyway...

At $49.95, the price is still competitive with DSL...its just a little
bit more than I want to pay for internet service.  I've always had
decent downloads, even when I lived in NE Wichita.

Ben