Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Walmart $200 PC

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Walmart $200 PC
From: flimzy@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 12:29:39 -0500 (CDT)

Sounds like they'll be using the Via C3 CPUs, then... which are much
slower than other CPUs of the same Mhz rating.  Not that this is
necissarily a bad thing... but it's something to be aware of before you
think you're getting a great deal on an 800Mhz CPU.  An 800Mhz C3, based
on benchmarks I've seen, would compare to a Pentium II 400-500 CPU.
Still not a bad CPU for what most people will be using, tho.

-- Jonathan