Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Walmart $200 PC

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Walmart $200 PC
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 11:50:58 -0500

I look at PC's priced that low as "Throw Away" electronics.. being that they
are cheaper to toss than repair.

They will be using a pre-installed CPU motherboard from VIA and the CPU can
not be changed on the motherboard in question!

I know that even under Win'95 the MoBo is very stable.. and for a while was
very hard to find!  As I built up a system for a guy that wanted this MoBo
due to cost factors.

--David