Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Phone service and ISP's, was Re: Public "FREE" or "FEE" ne

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Phone service and ISP's, was Re: Public "FREE" or "FEE" newsgroup server?
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 23:13:17 -0500

Carl -

Over all I am a happy SWB/SBC customer.. it just that currently being
between jobs I was looking for some way to cut costs and the whole
deal/offer as advertised in the 'Wichita Eagle' from "Sctelcom" was too good
not to of at least checked into... it would of been a savings of close to if
not over $80 per-month over what I am currently paying out for the same
service.

Now maybe 'IF' I had gotten a more knowledgeable customer service person
{some one that did not have to keep putting me on hold and ask some one else
for the answer} and they also had all the "IF - BUTS - ANDS" posted on their
web site.. who knows...?

When I first contacted "Sctelcom" I was told that most everything could be
done at their offices and I would not have any interruption of services
(both DSL & Voice) which changed while trying to sign up today, to I might
go a week with out voice phone and up to four weeks with out DSL services
while they run a new wire "DROP" to my home.

--David