Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2002:
[aclug-L] Public "FREE" or "FEE" newsgroup server?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Public "FREE" or "FEE" newsgroup server?
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 12:48:12 -0500

Can anybody suggest a "free" or "fee" public newsgroup server?

It looks as if I will most likely be switching to "Sctelcom" for my DSL
provider mainly do to the much lower over all costs of service.

While they offer over three times the public homepage space that SBC/SWB
offers, they do not have a local newsgroup server.

I know that I could just logon and go to Google and read & post in the
newsgroups that I currently download.  But prefer to read them offline.

--David