Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: sctelcom?

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: sctelcom?
From: "gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman)" <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 22:46:18 -0500

> Yeah, I agree.  But here's one thing I know from experience.  Towns like
> Hesston are not yet saturated by broadband users.  For that matter, I
don't
> know if they ever will be.  And I know that Hesston did get RoadRunner
cable
> internet service.  If Cox didn't change that situation after the take over
> of the internet service, then they should still have the service.

nope, nothing changed... except for the standard 1 ip instead of 3, and some
blocked ports @ the cablemodem (but that was a cox.net change)...  still
great speeds here! : ^ )

> Yeah, internet connection in Hesston was fast, always, guaranteed.
Nothing
> like in Wichita, where the load really depends on the load around your
> neighbor.

definately!  i know of tons of ex-SW-now-earthlink customers on dialup, but
only a handful of cox users...  i have no idea how they've got it setup
here, but all i know is unless something is wrong on cox's end, i can expect
the same speed no matter what time of day...  so, everyone stay away from
hesston, 'cause i don't wanna share! ;)

gLaNDix