Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: change of email address

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: change of email address
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 07:43:04 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Weaver" <jlweaver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2002 6:53 AM

> There is no place at yuor referenced web site to merely change an email
> address.  Another example of aclug ineptness.  With all the talent in the
> aclug, there ought to be an easier way to make this simple change.  I for
> one an completely dismayed by our attempt to atract new members when we
> can't even handle simple stuff.  Cox cable is going to completely shut off
> Road Runner soon so we will lose communication with some of our members if
> we do not take immediate action.
> ================================

'J' -

While it does not make it clear.. what you are forced to do is to sign off
the list using your old email address and then resign up under your new
email address.. this is the way it is with many email groups... and what is
bad is now that you (and others) have already changed your email address you
will have a hard time signing off, and since it looks as if
'COX'/'Roadrunner' will forward email from your older account to your newer
email address fro a while you might receive two copies of everything...

I have run into this a number of times when I was forced to change my email
address in the past... FutureNet, to Feist, to OneMain, to Swbell.... all
three of my former email addresses were set up to forward email to the new
address from 30 to 120 days before the email was bounced/returned back to
the sender.

--David