Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Digital Signatures

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Digital Signatures
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 07:33:49 -0500

> I also don't understand how this relates to viruses.

Well it is due to the fact that 'both of our' email address were 'SPOOFED'
by the KLEZ virus in the past few days and people received email which
looked as if it was from us.. where we were not the originators of the
email.

I use to use a digital signature that was Versign approved, but it was not
supported under Linux and caused troubles in this and other email groups
that I am a member of.

I will check into 'GnuPG' and again into PGP.

--David