Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: KakeTV

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: KakeTV
From: Michael Moore <mrmoore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 01:43:10 -0600

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) wrote:

>On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 10:M pm, you wrote:
>
>>They claim that 50% of the all software people are using is illegal.
>>

>man, from the people I knew in college, that statistic is greatly
>under-estimated! ; ^ )  I think about 75% of my microsoft products have been
>"acquired" by "alternate means", tho' I guess some will be legal now that i'm
>getting legal licenses/copies from Hesston College...
>
>>I think its great.  Heck, they should spend their millions and audit all
>>the home users too.  Here's an idea.....Maybe M$ could hire about a
>>million company representives and they could go door to door and audit
>>every home user.  It might be cheaper than 600 lawyers.
>>

>*knock*, *knock*
>
>"oh crap, is that the IRS?"
>
>"no dear, it's worse... it's Microsoft!"  : ^ )
>
>gLaNDix
>-- This is the discussion@xxxxxxxxx list.  To unsubscribe,
>visit http://tmp2.complete.org/cgi-bin/listargate-aclug.cgi

What do you mean legal licenses/copies from Hesston College?

I could be wrong.....Because I couldn't give a rat's ass what M$
Licensing Agreement says....but, I think its changed a lot through the
years.  Last guess, is that you don't own the software at all.....even
though you bought it.....From what I understand...You purchase it, you
install it on your computer....then its licenced to that computer as
long as you own that computer.....if you sell that computer then you
have to uninstall M$ OS and software and you are not allow to install it
on any other computers you own (and you are not allowed to resell the
software)......If you build another computer from scratch you have to
purchase another copy of M$ OS and software for that computer.
 Basically, its licensed to one computer only as long as you own it.
 So, you thought you purchased the OS when you really only lease it.

Like I said I could be wrong and probably am.......and we thought the
book "1984" would be about the ???????...... when it could actually be
about the software companies.  hahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite website?......Hell, I won't say...becuase that would make me
a heartless bastard.....

Beware....you wouldn't want the M$ police to require a software audit of
Hesston College....

Keep up the good work.....open source....free software
forever.......long live C....... :-)