Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: KakeTV

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: KakeTV
From: "gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman)" <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 23:22:37 -0600

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 10:M pm, you wrote:
> Anybody else see the 06:00 O'Clock edition of KakeTV where they talked

Speaking of pirating-related articles on TV, I saw something on the Morning
Show (or one of those butt-crack-of-dawn news shows) that i found rather
interesting...  I guess the music industry was complaining that their sales
were down this year (as if they're the only ones)...  they said it was "due
to websites such as napster"...  interesting how 1.) Napster's website caused
pirating... all it did was provide the software, nothing else and 2.) how
napster is affecting album sales after it's demise...  if they said kazaa
(newly revived!) or audiogalaxy, I could understand, but they could atleast
try to place the blam on something that's still in total operation! :^ )

(however, i received a newsletter from napster saying their
subscription-based service should be up soon and was welcomed to beta-test it
after I provide them with my credit card number........  hmmm..... nah!)

gLaNDix