Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Question on Talk

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Question on Talk
From: Maverick <mluvw47@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 13:25:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

# ls -la /usr/sbin/*talk*
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         9996 Oct  9
2000 /usr/sbin/in.ntalkd
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            9 Mar  1
22:19 /usr/sbin/in.talkd -> id

# dpkg -l | grep talk
ii  talk           0.10-8         Talk to another
user.
ii  talkd          0.10-8         Remote user
communication server.

on /etc/inetd.conf
show:

#:BSD: Shell, login, exec and talk are BSD protocols.
#talk           dgram   udp     wait    nobody.tty
 /usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/sbd
#ntalk          dgram   udp     wait    nobody.tty
 /usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/sbd

should I take away the comment "#"?
if so, do I need to reboot the machine?

Thanks.