Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Question on Talk

To: Maverick <mluvw47@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Question on Talk
From: Thomas Wallis <wallis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 14:15:46 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Maverick wrote:

> I tried to using "talk" , like
> talk anewuser
> on testing on my debian box, it generate an error
>
> [Error on read from talk daemon : Connection refused
> (111)]

        The talk daemon on your box is either not installed or disabled.
Check /etc/inetd.conf and make sure that the talk daemon is installed.

        ls -l /usr/sbin/*talk*

Also, dpkg -l | grep talk will show you talk-related packages you have
installed.

                        Hope this helps,

                        T W

> I already check the "mesg" is y, but it still didn't
> work.
>
> Regards,
> Mav

Disclaimer: All opinions expressed here are my own and not those of WSU.

EMAIL address:  wallis@xxxxxxxxxxx    wallis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx