Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Partioning disk help...

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Partioning disk help...
From: "Burt Humburg" <bhumburg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 11:13:24 -0500

I solved my problems by reinstalling RH 7.0. (Someone at ACLUG kindly burned
7.0 for me. Is 7.1 worth upgrading to?)

Anyways, network now runs nicely, inasmuch as RR is now sending me webpages,
email. However, I still do not have access to my Windoze drive (hda) from
Linux, nor do I have access to my Linux drive (what *should* be D:) from
Windoze. It's not as simple as just mounting the disk, since mount doesn't
seem to work by itself. It is also odd because during the installation of
Linux, in which a Linux OS was used, it recognized the disk. Further, during
boot, the LILO program (I think) is on the MBR of my Windoze disk.

Any clue? Anyone?

Incidentally, does anyone know how I can program the LILO program that RH
7.0 starts with to use DOS as the default and Linux if I specifically choose
it? (The order is currently reversed from what I would prefer.)

Thanks!

BCH