Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 2001:
[aclug-L] Partioning disk help...

To: "ACLUG" <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Partioning disk help...
From: "Burt Humburg" <bhumburg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 22:32:04 -0500

I'm finally getting around to setting up Linux on my Winbox. (Muffled
applause from the audience.)

I've got a HD ready to go. It's 1.2 gig, currently formatted for Windoze
files. The RedHat 7.0 setup utility is asking me to set up the files, and
I'm not quite sure what to do...

Doesn't Linux need room for swap files? Basically, I want to dedicate what
is currently D: (hdb in Linuxspeak) for Linux partitioning. How do I do
this? (RedHat permits use of Disk Druid and fdisk.)

Thanks in advance,

BCH

-----
Burt C. Humburg