Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: [announce] Reminder - Register for Install Day

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: [announce] Reminder - Register for Install Day
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 07:20:37 -0500 (CDT)

On 16 Jun 2000, John Goerzen wrote:

> Hey, I haven't started a massive flamewar since Corel started
> violating the GPL :-)

Okay, Debian Developer News just said that you brought up the topic and a
flame war resulted... not that you instigated the flame war yourself.  So
I guess you're clean on that count.

> (And it took great restraint to not post a Perl rebuttal to the Tcl
> message that was posted here earlier <g>)

I'm an accomplished developer and the last time I looked at Tcl code it
made my head hurt.  (But, then so does awk.  I've seen an entire
user-added content site written in awk, and that's scary.)

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
If you don't support shareware, who will?