Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: TCL vs PERL

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: TCL vs PERL
From: Jeff <schaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 12:33:12 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 24 Jun 2000, Patrick Klee wrote:

> Hey!  You know what I just had an idea, why don't the Perl
> people stick to Perl, and the TCL people can stick to TCL and
> everyone is happy, and I won't get mad about having email
> flames piling up in my email box.  Kopesh?  Nuff said.

Hey, I have an idea! Why don't you trim the email you're
responding to! Why did you include the 6k of my post when your
response doesn't address any of the details in it?

'discussion@xxxxxxxxx' in this thread overwhelmed your INBOX? If
so, there's programs to filter email (procmail, netscape does it).
Do you consider the emails in this thread to have been flames?
Sure, they're not PhD dissertations, but I've seen a lack of
personal attacks, inflammatory remarks, cursing, and the like that
typify a flame.

-jeff
--
Microsoft recently released its new Windows 2000. What are some of the
features of the new operating system?