Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Need help on DSL connection under Linux

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Need help on DSL connection under Linux
From: Gary Gaston <gmgaston@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 01:08:03 -0500

I have been successful in getting dsl up and running under RH 6.1.  Go
to the following link:  http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe.html  You
can download the binary rpm, the source rpm, the source gzipped and even
a version for Powerpc.  I hit a few snags when doing the install, but
they were easy to overcome.  It took me about 30 minutes to get it
configured and then it just worked great.  I am getting about 1.5 times
the performance of Enternet 1.3 (the client that swbell uses with
Windows, oops).  Try this link and let me know what you think.

Regards,

Gary Gaston
gmgaston@xxxxxxxxxx
gary.gaston@xxxxxxxx