Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: ADSL cost?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: ADSL cost?
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 07:26:46 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, David Carmichael wrote:

> If you use any other ISP then you have the basic DSL charge of $39.95 + ISP
> fees.

Plus hardware, though I got mixed signals from them.  When I called to
inquire, I was told the hardware would be free even if I went with
SouthWind.  When I signed up later, I was told I'd have to pay for
hardware but the installation was free.  I guess I'll have to wait until I
get a bill to find out.  (But they shipped me hardware and installed my
line without a dime up-front.)

> While over all I am very pleased with speed of my DSL...

I'm lovin' it.  And it was so easy to setup because it doesn't require
special drivers... it's just a network device.  If you can configure an
ethernet card and routing (the Net3-4-HowTo does a good job here), you can
do DSL.

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
4 out of 5 people think the 5th person is an idiot.