Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2000:
[aclug-L] Opera news

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Opera news
From: The Kurgan <Kurgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 00:44:17 -0600

As an Opera nut I thought I'd share this little tidbit. Opera
for Linux is almost ready.

ps. Hey Clint, Dklug still has a whopping total of 2 members! Whoohoo!
lol...

Opera for Linux
Technology Preview (Alpha version) Released
ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/apps/www/browsers/opera-19991224.tar.gz

Opera for Linux in its current state is not usable as a full browser,
yet we invite you to try it and join in the discussions on our newsgroup
Opera.Linux and our mailing list Opera-users where quite a few lively
discussions are going on. We're quite excited about this latest port
of Opera and invite you to join in on the fun of watching it develop
before your eyes!

Newsgroup:
 Opera.Linux: news://news.opera.no/opera.linux
Mailing List:
 Opera-users is a high volume mailing list

As always at Opera we want to create for you, the software user, and
we're anxious to see what you have to say! Please remember that there
are still quite a few features missing and many others still being
debugged and of course do read the FAQ before commenting.
http://www.opera.com/linux/#faq

Check the Linux pages frequently as we'll be updating quite often (about
every three to five weeks) and hope to show significant progress with each
release.
http://www.opera.com/linux

Opera for BeOS
Beta 7 Now Available