Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: router for Windows LAN

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: router for Windows LAN
From: glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 03:09:00 -0600 (CST)

On  7 Jan, Jonathan Hall wrote:
> Force-fed crash courses are the best aren't, they?  :-)

geez...  i feel like i've been thrown in a lake and told to swim (and i
can't swim!) :^)

sorry about all the questions, but i really want to get this right, as
this is the first company that has actually employed me...  most of my
consulting has been limited to easy win9x stuff in the Hillsboro/Marion
area (tho' i actually have a guy wanting to hire me to install Mandrake
on his computer!)...  want to get this working wonderfully, so i can
use them as a reference on my app. to Gateway!  :^ )

ok, so if i get the modem working and dialing up for that computer (no
LAN stuff as of yet)...  what do i need to do next...  from what i've
read, i need to compile in ip_forwarding along w/ the other stuff i
would have on, say, my personal box that dials up southwind...  what
else do i need to do?  i would _prefer_ it be setup so all i have to do
on the win boxes is enter the gateway and DNS and i've got a working
system, but i don't know how realistic that is...   that is all QuadNet
(obsolete part of Tabor's network) required when i was there (tho' they
used a satellite and WinRoute for inet)...

again, thank you VERY much for your input...  i could NOT do this w/o
all the help!  : ^ )

if you could give me some sort of basic step by step process (doesn't
have to be incredibly in-depth, but just an outline for me to follow),
that would be perfect!

jesse
--
<<<Linux lloydix 2.2.13 #8 Wed Dec 22 02:31:05 CST 1999 i586 unknown>>>

See you in hell, candy boys!!

                -- Homer Simpson
                   Homer Badman