Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: ttyS1=[alt + F4] [oh ooh]

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: ttyS1=[alt + F4] [oh ooh]
From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 02:42:11 -0600

I replaced iunittab :

4:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty4 with

4:2345:respawn:/sbin/mgetty -s 38400 -r ttyS1 vt100

It sorta worked, but:
ppp0 dials up but never connects, as soon as auto detect sync's up, it hangs up.

the remote terminal will transfer 32 chr's at 36k and then wait 120 seconds and
then sends down another 32 character.  It took 40 minutes to download the top
page.  the line is at 36k baud, but it waits forever in-between the packets of
32 characters, and I cannot connect to the internet now.  I may have tripped a
lock file, but it should never dial out, not just hang up on connect.

PS: no one caught my y2k test!

Michael