Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: CD-ROM drive speeds

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: CD-ROM drive speeds
From: Jeff <schaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 09:20:40 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 18 Dec 1999, Jonathan Hall wrote:

> The 24x drive is running at a constant speed--I see the light on
> at a steady solid, and it certianly *sounds* steady.  And
> cdparanoia reports a steady stream of data.

Hmm, very interesting. Are you sure it's pushing the bits out at 24x?
Maybe a few 'time dd if=cdrom of=/dev/null <a few megs>' tests? Does
'dmesg' show the CDROM speed? I dunno, as I haven't booted my machine
in a while, plus the fact that it doesn't have a cdrom in it (that
works) heh.

-jeff
--
Quitters never win, winners never quit,