Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: My Boewulf... sorta

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: My Boewulf... sorta
From: Jeff <schaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 09:31:16 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Clint A. Brubakken wrote:

> Is there nothing from linux that will go straight from cd audio to
> mp3? Do you have use wave as an intermidiate step?

I used a program called BladeEnc that worked pretty well -- I seem to
remember that it ripped right from CD to mp3, but I might be imagining
things. Now that I think of it, I probably used cdparanoia to copy
them into WAVs, then encode them, but I thought there was an option to
pipe them together.

Try http://bladeenc.mp3.no/

-jeff
--
Utility is when you have one telephone, luxury is when you have two,
opulence is when you have three -- and paradise is when you have none.