Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: My Boewulf... sorta

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: My Boewulf... sorta
From: "Clint A. Brubakken" <cabrubak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 09:16:46 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Jonathan Hall wrote:

> Converting my entire CD collection to MP3s for more compact storage, easier
> transportation between work & home, etc.
>
> The implimentation:
>
> I have the K6-III (my workstation) ripping the CD audio files to .wav's.
> I then have a collection of bash scripts that then take the .wav files and,
> one by one, scp them to one of the remote machines (or for the K6-III, just
> moves the file to a temporary directory), then encodes the file to an MP3,
> and moves it back to my workstation.
>
> Results:

why don't you post the exact procedure, I want to burn a full cd's. Is
there nothing from linux that will go straight from cd audio to mp3? Do
you have use wave as an intermidiate step?

--
Clint Brubakken
Developer, Computer Science Services Group, LLC

  -- Larry Wall (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)