Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: My Boewulf... sorta

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: My Boewulf... sorta
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17 Dec 1999 09:21:20 -0600

Jonathan Hall <jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I had problems with cdparanoia on my old 32x IDE CD-ROM drive... When I came
> across dirty/scratched CDs, cdparanoia would just get stuck.

Well, cdparanoia is specifically designed to work with these CDs and
this is why I use it.  Perhaps you just didn't wait for it to finish,
or maybe newer versions are better.  Other programs will take the
errors and just ignore them; cdparanoia will get a higher-quality
output because it will get correct data even in the face of many such
errors.

> However, on my SCSI CD-ROM drives, I have no problems at all with
> cdparanoia.  And now that I've determined how to rip from both of my SCSI CD
> drives at once, I'm REALLY happy!

Heh :-)

> P.S. Thanks for stopping by for your monthly e-mail visit, John.  See ya
> again next month, same time, same place?  :-)

LOL!

> Useless fact #6: "Stewardesses" is the longest word that is typed with only
> the left hand.

You need more useless facts, like a database of prime numbers and pi
digits.  *cough*

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |
  via Remote