Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: DailD Question

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: DailD Question
From: Ryan Claycamp <claycamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 16:30:17 -0600

Curtis Hawthorne wrote:

> How do I tell DialD to force the connection up at certain times?  Like if I
> wanted it to come up from 11:00 am to 2:00 PM every Tuesday?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Curtis H.

You need to use the restrict command in your conf file.  I don't
remember all the details, but I believe diald will do everything after a
restrict command until it reaches another restrict command.  This is the
restrict section from my diald.  It keeps the computer from dialing in
the morning and act as normal the remainder of the day.  I don't know
what all the fields mean, check the man page.  Instead of down, up will
cause diald to force a connection.

restrict 00:00:00 06:30:00 * * *
down
restrict * * * * *