Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: DailD Question

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: DailD Question
From: Thomas Wallis <wallis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 16:16:08 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Curtis Hawthorne wrote:

> How do I tell DialD to force the connection up at certain times?  Like
> if I wanted it to come up from 11:00 am to 2:00 PM every Tuesday?

        You could write a shell script or a perl program that runs out of
cron that checks the status of your link at certain times during the day,
and then runs a ping, ftp, or something else that would bring your link up
by forcing diald to run.  It could run every 15 minutes between 11 and 2
only on Tuesdays (cron can do this kind of thing easily).

                                Tom Wallis

> Thanks!
>
> Curtis H.

Disclaimer: All opinions expressed here are my own and not those of WSU.

EMAIL address:  wallis@xxxxxxxxxxx    wallis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx