Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: SCSI card

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: SCSI card
From: Tyler Doubrava <tdoubrav@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 10:17:42 -0600 (CST)

I've got a BT-948 (Mylex) in my computer, and a Yamaha CD-RW.  Both were highly
recommended to me, and I haven't had a bit of trouble from either.

Mylex's have a good design for high-volume throughput, too.  If you browse the
SCSI howto, it describes Mylex's "mailbox" style SCSI bus.  That lets the
computer go about its work while a read/write command is sent to the SCSI
device.  Cheaper cards may not have this logic, and the computer can't do
anything until the command finishes.

I got mine for about $50 on the web.

E-Mail: Tyler Doubrava <tdoubrav@xxxxxxxx>
Date: 19-Nov-99