Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: FIC BIOS update needed

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: FIC BIOS update needed
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 00:24:27 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, Greg House wrote:

> I was just hoping that by chance someone had that same board & happened to
> have a bios update for it laying around. I have updates for some of the
> boards I used to have (or that my friends have).

Last time I flashed a BIOS, the board refused to boot afterwards...
couldn't find the keyboard.  Of course, at that point you're totally
screwed because you have to be able to boot it to reflash it with the old
BIOS image.

It's one of those dang cheap MB's Gary Fleck buys for LSI.  (I know we're
trying to save money, but I *really* wish he'd buy name-brand
motherboards.  Especially when he's selling them to employees that come to
me to me for help.)

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER!...ittybittylivingspace...