Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: IPMasq problems

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: IPMasq problems
From: John Reinke <jmreinke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:39:44 -0500

>Some questions:
>
>Are you usning ipchains or ipfwadm?

I'm not sure how to find this out. Someone else set it up for me. However,
he's on this list...

>What are the rules you have set up to forward packets?

Same as above.

>Did you incorporate your rules in rc.local?

Is rc.local the actual name of a standard file or directory? I can't seem
to find it on my system (debian). I have rc0.d -> rcS.d directories though.

>How is TCPIP set up on your client machines? Do they have your LInux
>machine listed as a gateway?

Yes, they have the DNS numbers for my ISP and the gateway (or router) as
the IP address of the Linux box.

>Mohammed
>

>P.S.I have exactly the same setup here at home..where my linux box is
>the gateway to the outside world using ipmasq+ipchains. Works great.

I know that it can work very well. It teased me by working well for the
first day, and I can't wait until it works again.

John