Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] Newbie's Modem Installtion problem

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Newbie's Modem Installtion problem
From: "ccwoo" <webexplorer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 09:49:43 -0500

I have checked the log files and got the following message in /var/log/dmesg
:-

-
Based upon Swansea University Computer Society NET3.039
NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0 for Linux NET4.0.
NET4: Linux TCP/IP 1.0 for NET4.0
IP Protocols: ICMP, UDP, TCP, IGMP
Initializing RT netlink socket
Starting kswapd v 1.5
Detected PS/2 Mouse Port.
Serial driver version 4.27 with MANY_PORTS MULTIPORT SHARE_IRQ enabled
ttyS00 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
ttyS01 at 0x02f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
ttyS02 at 0x03e8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
pty: 256 Unix98 ptys configured
apm: BIOS version 1.2 Flags 0x03 (Driver version 1.9)
Real Time Clock Driver v1.09
RAM disk driver initialized:  16 RAM disks of 4096K size

I suspect there's a conflict in IRQ since both ttyS00 and ttyS02 are using
the same IRQ. I've set the jumper on the card to use IRQ 5, and also to
reserve IRQ 5 for ISA card in my BIOS setting. But it still didn't work.

I've also checked that my PPP is looking for my modem at /dev/ttyS02,which
is correct.

Anything else that i could do ?

Thanks guys.

chen