Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1999:
[aclug-L] Flaky Netscape 4.61 causes disk probs(?)

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Flaky Netscape 4.61 causes disk probs(?)
From: Larry_Bottorff@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 10:12:31 -0500

I'm having problems with my Mandrake/RH6.0. I'm using KDE and recently installed
Netscape 4.61. Periodically it gives "bus error" and disappears (if started in
shell), or simply disappears in the middle of something like logging in with
Netscape Mail. Once, after a boot-up forced disk check, lots of inode problems
were found, and I had to manually run fsck in some emergency status to repair
them all. I kept seeing Netscape files being fixed. But maybe the two aren't
related.

Q: How do you unmount your file system(s) to run fsck? Netscape is crashing
again, and I'm fairly certain it's hosing my disk up. BTW, which version of
Netscape is NOT a dog?

Larry Bottorff
mrprenzl@xxxxxxxxxx