Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Flaky Netscape 4.61 causes disk probs(?)

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Flaky Netscape 4.61 causes disk probs(?)
From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 23:02:18 -0500

If you will look on my header, I was forced back to micro$oft :-(  It
seems all the hard drive space I free'd up, was sucked up in just a
week's time.  I do not know what is up, but I've run out of stuff in the
root directory to delete.  Gnome will not close on its own, I must
either force it down ctrl-alt-back space or pull up the terminal and do
a shutdown -r now.  It will not close on its own.  When the terminal
pops back up, It is full of "magic ticket" errors.  I did a df, and I am
back at 99% on root, and home, and stuff.  this is a 2.4 g worth of
partitions, and just basic LInux, with star office --which is the same
time I started getting all these crashes, was right after I installed
it.  It made me do a lot of Java changes, and I thnk there are conflicts
between the java started by star office, and the java used by Gnome (RH
6.0) and Netscape.  Any help?  My linux totally crashes when I boot up
startx!

Michael.