Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Video Card Recommendation!!

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Video Card Recommendation!!
From: Dariush Zahedi <zahedi@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 10:02:31 -0500

Well I had a 5.1 version which was'nt supporting my intel 740 base card.
Red Hat says it now supports it but after purchasing version 6.0 (a week
back from WSU) I realized there is no change. I don't even know how to get
the new XFree86 from their site as the directions are very confusing,
specially when using NT as your primary platform. So now after screwing up
my whole system and having to re-format and re-install everything, I'm at
square one. NT started running but where Linux is concerned, I'm stuck with
a sound card and a graphic board which I cannot configure, and probably my
modem won't either. The after-sale service guys don't know anything, they
just repeat what is already printed and given to you.  I wonder whether
supporting Linux over MS is like jumping from frying pan into fire.