Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Video Card Recommendation!!

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Video Card Recommendation!!
From: phrostie <phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 04:55:23 -0500

i would think that your stealth would.
i have a S3 verge, it will go far more than my monitor.

Mohammad Islam wrote:

Hello,

I am thinking about buying a new video card for my linux machine.
Currently it has a Diamond stealth card(4 MB).  I recently purchased a
monitor that can do 1280x1024 @75 Hz with unlimited color support. Now i
would like a video card that can support 1280x1024 in 32 bit true color.

So i am asking for recommendation from the list members. Ummm...also..
does linux support AGP cards? If so, would someone name some specific
brands/chipset that will work great with linux?

Thanks.

Mohammed

--
phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx