Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 1999:
[aclug-L] 2 quick questions

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] 2 quick questions
From: "gLaNDix" <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 17:10:01 -0500

2 quick questions:

1.) how do i go about getting my PnP 56k modem working in linux...  i've got
it working in NT, but would really like it in linux, too...  it's a Viking
56k modem (NON-winmodem)...

2.) i noticed on many / all 56k modem boxes it says we are limited to only
getting 53kb/sec by the FCC or something....  what's up w/ that?  if that is
the limit, why make 56k cards?  why not 53k cards?

jesse