Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Logo for ACLUG

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Logo for ACLUG
From: "gLaNDix" <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 17:08:10 -0500

>A quick question.  Does RH 6 support AGP and/or pnp?  I"m building a new
>box and hope to be able to use an AGP video card and a PCI sound card.
um, if it uses kernel 2.2.x it should support PCI...  i have a friend who
installed redhat 5.2 on a system w/ an AGP video card, so i assume 6.0 would
support it, too...  as far as sound cards, what kind is it?  if it's not
supported directly by the kernel, i know that ALSA *probably* would support
it...  it has a much more comprehensive list of supported soundcards than
the kernel....  i'm using my AudioPCI (es1370) snd crd (PCI PnP) and ALSA
works GREAT w/ it (MUCH better than the kernel's support...  way less
skipping)

anyway, good luck,
jesse