Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] 386 kernel help

To: ACLUG List <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] 386 kernel help
From: Jeff <schaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 11:33:19 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Jonathan Hall wrote:

> Got HD support?  FD support?  ELF binary support?

I specifically did not include HD support; I wonder if I broke
down and put it in the 486 one.  There is a HD in the box, but I don't
plan on using it.

Yes on FD support :)
Yes on ELF, no on a.out.

Heck, maybe I shoulda posted my .config.
It's gotta be something pretty basic, though, as the kernel doesn't even
try to boot.  The machine only has 4M of RAM; the kernel is only 300-some
K, and shouldn't be trying to allocate more than a meg or so...

-jeff
--
"That yong girl is one of the least benightedly unintelligent organic life
forms it has been my profound lack of pleasure not to be able to avoid