Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Are all pengiuns created equal?

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Are all pengiuns created equal?
From: Roger Jolicoeur <komula@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 22:04:24 -0500

John:   How similar are the various releases of Linux?  In your response
to another message (qouted below) you mentioned the differences between
Linux distributions.  Are there substantial deferences in using one vs.
another.  I understand that Redhat includes tools that help installation
and configuration but I thought the underlying system was fairly
similar.  If a person learns one release of Linux, will they be able to
operate different ones?  Can you give some examples of the advantages
and disadvantages of the various releases?

Thanks!
Roger Jolicoeur