Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
[aclug-L] Debian and package source?

To: "Air Capital Linux Users Group" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Debian and package source?
From: "Troy Wolf" <troy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 09:22:34 -0500

Ok, Ok, so I'm new to Debian.  (I went through this same thing with RH, but I had it down)

New Debian install, ppp-2.3.5 installed with it.

1. Should I have the ppp source on my box somewhere?  If so, where?
2. If not, where do I get it? (I've been using dselect to get packages (slick!), but I don't see a ppp-source package.)
3. Where should package source be on a Debian box--ie: what is standard?

PS: I'm wanting the PPP source so I can see if the IPX options are enabled and re-compile if necessary. I know, I know, nobody cares about IPX--which is evidenced by the almost complete lack of information about how to give IPX connectivity to a Windoze client through a PPP dialup session.  There are hints about it, though.

Another rambling thought: I'm not a gamer, but aren't a lot of the popular games from years past IPX games?  If this is true, I'd think that with the number of Linux hackers who are also gamers, that PPP/IPX dialup would be pretty common.

Thanks for all the modem speed help, all.

Troy Wolf